Monday, 16 March 2009

Dane Park Childrens Play area's


Well I said I managed church and a ride out yesterday.Well because I have been feeling unwell we decided to go to the early service at 9:15 because there are less people than at the later 11:00 service and I didn't feel I wanted to be overwhelmed by to many people.Well what has this got to do with childrens play area's I can hear you asking. AHHH I am getting there.............. last summer Thanet district council yep those who keep getting slated on the local blog scene decided to put a new play area into Dane Park. Now every time I go past Dane park the play area is full of kids. I usually go to church at 11.00 but as I said yesterday I went past at just before 9.00 and yep it was being used. So TDC YOU GOT SOMETHING RIGHT . Even the little cafe is a sucsess

7 comments:

  1. I havent put a picture up cos I dont want parents to think I am some sort of perv. but here is a piccie of some trees in Dane Park from the council website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame they didn't do something slightly more constructive with the area redesigned for older kids, a few grinding rails, some small ramps and pipes wouldn't have gone amiss or even some play equipment more in keeping with what a streetwise hooded yoof would like.

    I'm still waiting for the new play area up by Fwanks to open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don, Sorry about that removal. Finger trouble!

    Your right. It's a great play area, Don. I did an item last year congratulating TDC Parks Dept for this facility but bemoaning the fact that even before it was officially open, our local 'scroats' had attacked it with graffitti and damage caused. Next time, ask parents if they mind you taking pictures of the play-park and you will find most people would be perfectly happy to oblige!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bertie had to laugh at thefinger trouble my keyboard sticks on the n key and often my posts dont make sese coss of a rouge n

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Don, I have heard from quite a few mums in Thanet that have been to the new play area that it is really lovely and that it is much better than before. Along with your comments it has made me think about taking a long bus ride over and trying it out for myself (with my son of course lol) hehe! So thanks for promoting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better Don. Crowded places at the best of times can be a bit of a challenge. I tend to go at quieter times myself. Lovely park! You are a great ambassador for Thanet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed