Sunday, 8 February 2009

Promote Thanet






This winter has been long, wet, cold and very cold. So can you imagine how delighted I was when Mrs Don said lets take the camera while it is sunny and try it out on the beauties of Thanet. So here are shots of people out walking, drinking tea and playing on the beach. Ships waiting for a pilot and the slope down to the beach. Everyone seemed to be of the same idea, get out and enjoy the sun, Probably getting away for Manstons contreversial plans to use the airfield to allow planes to land and take off. The aim of this blog is to Promote Thanet and I hope these pictures show that the Island is a wonderfull place to live fantastic for a holiday.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Don, do they make good fish and chips at that shop? Mmmm, I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they hmmmmmmmm and fresh seafood its great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will spread the word Don, okay and yes I saw that fish and chip shop. What a great place for one. Beautiful scenery. Glad you had some nice weather and enjoyed your day of taking photos. And did I tell you HOW much I miss good old English fish and chips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise last week friends came to see us who we often holiday with and we traveled round England reminising our fish and chip dinners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don I finally got round to it and have added you to http://thanetblogs.blogspot.com/ sorry it took so long.

    Nice pictures, wasn’t it superb when the sun was out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michael thanks for adding me yes it was nice to see the sun and be able to get out and take some pictures to actually promote thanet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanet--it DOES look nice. Any place with sea, ships, and fish and chips is good in my book.
    It's strange to me to see all the boats sitting on the sand (but then, what does a land-locked Jerusalemite know about oceans?).

    Hey, I'll trade you some of our sunshine for some of your water.
    Shalom to you and your island.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that I have some catching up to do and that your wife is doing a great job with the camera :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed