Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Thanet wildlife




Got another camera off ebay and been busy clicking away today.My wife has discovered that the ring neck Parakeets are very camera shy but he did manage to take the pictures of the fire before experimenting as a wildlife photographer. My Son in Law was having a run on the beach at Kingsgate and saw some of our seal colony, he has promised to take the camera next time out. I got the camera to be able to take pictures of the birds in the garden. I did the RSPB garden bird watch on saturday and had a dozen different species in an hour 38 birds in total and not one sparrow where have they all gone

5 comments:

  1. Lovely series of photos Don, those ring-neck parakeets were interesting. Have they started popping up in the UK now? Enjoyed your post very much. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to see parakeets - we get mostly tits at our bird feeder - long-tailed and coal mainly and then around we see plenty of thrushes, starlings, magpies, doves and robins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Parakeets are so comical on the feeders. Denise over the last 5 or so years they have become established in this area and seem to be very much at home. We got a family of coal tits nesting in a nestbox on the garage . Yesterday I saw the first pair of blue tits and this morning a wren. One of the joys of being disabled is being able to sit and watch them and not need an excuse

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat that you get those parakeets in your yard! Beautiful! Glad you got another camera. It's nice that you have all that entertainment in the back yard to watch when you can't get out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks folks just been watching a pair of blue tits eyeing up my nesting boxes keeping my fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed