Tuesday, 2 December 2008

SADNESS AND FAITH

Had some sad news this morning one of the regulars from church died last night. She was a beautiful girl with a wonderful smile . This was despite having had a hard life and being racked by addiction to heroin. When ever she saw me I got a big hug and smile and she always wanted to know how I was . Stella was a star in the darkness and I have told loads of people how she inspired me and now she is gone. Crazy really as she had just got herself clean but the harm had been done and her little body gave up last night and I will miss her. I know she has gone to heaven and is at peace now. It is at times like this I have to rely on my faith in God. I just did a dictionary search for the definition of that small word . Rely :

Verb

Infinitive
to rely


Third person singular
relies


Simple past
relied


Past participle
relied


Present participle
relying

to rely (third-person singular simple present relies, present participle relying, simple past and past participle relied)

  1. To rest with confidence, as when fully satisfied of the veracity, integrity, or ability of persons, or of the certainty of facts or of evidence; to have confidence; to trust; to depend; — with on, formerly also with in.
a small word but in faith that's what you have to do just RELY on God .
I did something I don't normally do today I went in to cover for someone at open Church. We serve tea coffee and toast and I being in a wheelchair had the job of chatting to those who come in. There was a good few tears from those who knew Stella but genuine sorrow from those who didn't. Now this may seem a sad blog today but its not as in its own way heroin addiction and death can promote Thanet because we love each other here and those that I come into contact with may not have material possessions but they have faith, and both mine others have had there lives changed by Stella's faith and her death.

4 comments:

  1. A very moving post. You can rely on God's love for Stella and for you :-) What a wonderful witness of caring. My devotional reading today was from 1 John 4 about how wihtout love we can't know God, because God is love. Loving all those who need God, whatever their circumstances, will spread his love to the world. Faith and love are the keys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Stella was a wonderful woman fighting the pain of addiction.She has now found peace and left us with an ache deep inside. But she has left a lasting memory and now she has fullfilled Gods purpose she has gone to join Him. Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot say that I believe in the god you do, but I do believe in something. My mother died last night, and , whilst it was a happy release for her, it also made me think 'where do we go?' I have no answer but I am sure that ALL of us go to a far better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken I am sorry at your sad news there is nothing I can say that will make it any better but if you want to talk you can contact me via the Saint Pauls website I am the webmaster. You are in my prayers Don

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed