Monday, 8 December 2008

New week new beginings

Wow what a night that was
What am I on about ......Saint Pauls last night. One hundred people turned up to see ten people dedicate or rededicate their lives to Christ by the visual act of full immersion Baptism. So what was so special in that you might ask. These people are from our Ignite service , a fresh expression of church. A service aimed at those who are from unconventional backgrounds. Lives of addictions, abuse, mental illness etc shall we say not your normal card carrying Christian background. I have worked with these people for the last six years and as I often say it is the hardest work I have ever done but the most rewarding !!!. The reason it is hard is obvious but the rewards are not so obvious. I am invited into their world to share their innermost fears and desires and with the help of God find a way to allay the fears and start on a journey toward the desires. Last night was about them and the decision they have made to put the past behind them and move forward with Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit. The journey will be hard and there will be setbacks but what last night signified that the recognised they cant do it on there own but need help. Help from God and from others.I was honoured to witness the start last night of what will be a new beginning.
will add some piccies when I get some

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing...both the work and the rewards for all concerned!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed